Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who Should I See For Blepharitis Blepharitis What Should I Do?

Blepharitis what should i do? - who should i see for blepharitis

Hello
I blepharitis. I went to see an eye doctor and prescribed with MLF Fucithalmic. A course of three months.
I was told by other professions to use FML for three months, it is not safe because it has many side effects.
What should I do?

4 comments:

Rhianna Returns said...

I do not think MLF have to take you three months is rather Fucithalmic. If the compression lower blepharitis and easy cleaning of the eyelids probably warm enough, but it must always be whether they need additional treatment or not. For cleaning use Johnson's baby shampoo mixed with water (you need a mixture of 50:50). Moisten a cotton swab and run along the edge / EDGE is good, and all the other tabs database. Sodium bicarbonate may also work.

FML should be used for short-term management, not more than a week, (3, from time to time, whether in the office of an ophthalmologist) is usually tapered down. You need 2-4 times per day. If the long-term use can lead to a thinning of the cornea and sclera, and glaucoma. The problem is almost always caused by a bacterium called Staphylococcus aureus, drop Fucithalmic have up to three months, because it is very difficult to get rid of him.

Check with your doctor.

Rhianna Returns said...

I do not think MLF have to take you three months is rather Fucithalmic. If the compression lower blepharitis and easy cleaning of the eyelids probably warm enough, but it must always be whether they need additional treatment or not. For cleaning use Johnson's baby shampoo mixed with water (you need a mixture of 50:50). Moisten a cotton swab and run along the edge / EDGE is good, and all the other tabs database. Sodium bicarbonate may also work.

FML should be used for short-term management, not more than a week, (3, from time to time, whether in the office of an ophthalmologist) is usually tapered down. You need 2-4 times per day. If the long-term use can lead to a thinning of the cornea and sclera, and glaucoma. The problem is almost always caused by a bacterium called Staphylococcus aureus, drop Fucithalmic have up to three months, because it is very difficult to get rid of him.

Check with your doctor.

Dr Frank said...

As usual, the beautiful Rhianna almost superfluous to add another answer. She is very correct blepharitis is a common chronic disease of the eyelid margin. It is not curable, but manageable. At least 30 years old, standard therapy was simply clean the edges of the eyelids with Johnson, if necessary (I was always taught to be that brand), if necessary. This was confirmed as a few years ago, I myself developed the condition.

I have duly purchased, baby shampoo and if I do and I realized that I stupidly passed on this information to patients and seen that proposed in dozens of letters from ophthalmologists in the clinic, which had really no idea what next to do! I went into some of my fingers and rummaged through the ceiling. Do not do this, as I discovered, despite the "no tears" on the label does not apply undiluted shampoo after 10 minutes when the pain and itching disappeared, I dilute a few drops into the palm with a little water and high polished with no other problems, Rhianna for some reason, dilUte only a little bit.

vivib said...

I ophthalmic assistant for 12 years. Prescription ointments are very good, but the lid must be clean before use.
One of the cheapest and most effective was to do:
A drop of baby shampoo Johnson a wet Q-tip and tapas scurb the upper part and along the lower eyelid. Let dry, then the ointment that the doctor may have given the region.

Hope this helps.

Post a Comment